Friday, May 10, 2013

Transition Time

Good news. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I got the job in Duluth...whoop whoop! I was told within a week of flying back, but just had to wait for the background check to come back clean before I could actually begin traveling there.

So, very quickly, the real world became much more real. There was no timeline on the check, so I presumed every week to be my last, and tried to live like that (example: talking to my youngest brother, "this could be my last week, so you should really do my chores so I'll remember you fondly.") Ya, I pulled that card.

When you first become "an adult," everything that your parents do that you now get to is exciting: apply for a credit card, get a car loan, make adult decisions... What they don't tell you though, and no class really prepares you for, is how stressful everything is and how none of it makes sense. (Anytime I filled out a loan or something 'official,' I was convinced I'd done it wrong and the IRS would collect me any day...)

Dad helping me "be an adult"
About a mid October, I got the call that I was approved to work at Scholastica, and quickly boarded a plan and headed off to Seattle to pick up the aforementioned car, figure out my life, and finally switch out the clothes that I've been wearing from the same suitcase...

See ya later, baby bro

New wheels

yep, a tattoo...that's normal, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment