Monday, May 6, 2013

The Beginning (or is it the end?)

First, in total honesty, I have to admit that I'm not that recent of graduate I suppose. It's been nearly a year since I graduated from Seattle University with two degrees: a Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications, and a Bachelor of Public Affairs, but more about those later.

However, a lot has changed since then, and my good friend, Nicole Gaddie, encouraged me to write a blog about it so that other soon to be grads can be prepared.

So here it is, a bit about my life. Graduating is exciting, and you're never really prepared for it, no matter what people think. These are just my stories, and only one person's experience, but I hope you find them helpful, or at least a bit humorous.

The Basics:

Let's go back to the Spring of 2012... where I thought that nothing would be better than graduating. Four years in school, and you think you know everything about life. I survived moving to a big city, was somewhat successful in college, and had my life planned out for about a month after I graduated--pure gold.

The whole Wieliczkiewicz clan flew down for graduation, I walked across the stage, shook some hands and hugged more people than I actually thought I knew. Boom, just like that, I was Katie Wieliczkiewicz, College Graduate.






We took the traditional family photos, and even had a cake that said Bon Voyage (not that I really knew where I was going yet though)



After the celebrations ended, I headed out to Ecuador for 10 days with a group from school, and came back to the states ready to change the world, but more importantly ready to find a job. 



No comments:

Post a Comment